Battlefleet Gothic: Armada II has released on Jan 25, 2019, it has an improvement in every regard to the first. This guide will tech you how to get top 10 with space marines, let’s look at the guide.
6x Strike Cruiser Mk. II
2x Frigate Nova (Keep with main fleet if fighting any Eldar, otherwise use for back capping.)
Tech – Augur Probe + Emperor’s Gambit
Upgrades – Culexus Assassin + Whatever you want
Warning – This build is literal cancer.
Step 1) Put all 6 of your cruisers together.
Step 2) Use augur probe to find enemy ships.
Step 3) Go into reload stance
Step 4) Fire regular torpedoes at biggest enemy fleet cluster.
Step 5) Launch 36 target-seeking boarding torpedoes at biggest, slowest enemy ship you can find.
Step 6) Laugh as it goes derelict and they can do nothing to stop it.
Step 7) Fire second volley at next ship +Step 8) By your second volley you should now be close enough to use stasis bomb (If you chose to use this instead of Gambit, use it now.)
Step 9) Go maximum speed and launch boarding parties as you drive by the enemy who is frantically trying to micro to avoid (maybe stasis bomb) and 36 torpedoes and your boarding. Remember to use lightning strike on your admiral ship for that ridiculous 500 morale damage, if fighting Orks or Tau you can probably rout their admiral ship in a single drive by.
Congrats, you will never lose a game.
– But how to beat Eldar??
1) Split your 6 cruisers into 3 groups of 2.
2) Scout for enemy ships with escorts.
3) Use probe where you think they may be.
4) When you find them or they start attacking you, immediately recon with escort and board/lightning strike any ships that get too close.
4b) Avoid showing them your engines or you will never be able to catch them.
4c) Use target locked stance, NOT reload, and focus target engine on every enemy ship.
5) If you find a big ship or the flagship, use Emperor’s gambit on it.
6) Send one group to the left, one to the right, and one straight at it in full boost.
7) They will try to speed away, once their boost has been used, immediately launch 6 volleys of boarding torpedoes at it.
8) Make sure to keep a unit close to the flagship and use Honor the Chapter to make it derelict again.
Written by Bantarific