Dying Light is an open world first person survival horror action-adventure video game. Its different from its contemporary games by featuring fluid parkour system ie,.there is no restriction on what to climb and run.
This is a Complete Guide on How to achieve Harran Prison Guru Reward at Survivor Lvl 1.
1. You can enter the Stadium and the Prison when you finish the mission Awakening. The problem is you would be Survivor Lvl 2 at this point (+250 for helping Mark, +500 for finishing the Gym, and +500 for talking with Dr. Zara). So the first thing you need to do is, once you are outside for the first time, don’t talk to Dr. Zara. Instead, kill yourself repetitively until you are back at Lvl1 with 0 exp. This will be faster if you are playing on Nightmare difficulty.
If you have a friend to drop you weapons and items, you can skip the following parts.
If you are playing solo like me, continue reading the following steps.
2. Get the Korek Machete Blueprint at this location. You will find plenty of tutorials on how to do that.
3. Get the German 9mm Pistol at this location. This is your first long range weapon. Don’t use it now since it only has around 5 bullets and you can’t buy bullets from the shop at Survivor Lvl 1. It will be used in the future.
4. Get yourself some alcohol and metal parts and duplicate them in order to craft a ton of Korek Machetes. Although this is a glitch, it’s used to fasten the process so I would give it a pass. Do not use this glitch to gain yourself unfair advantage when playing Multiplayer!
5. Although you are not supposed to beat the prison now, go to Harran Prison. Use your pistol to kill one enemy in the first section and grab his Military Rifle ASAP. Remember not to waste your pistol bullets. Try to headshot him with 1 bullet.
6. Perform the Bozak Horde glitch. This is really confusing because I’m still not entirely sure how to perform this glitch and if this glitch is really necessary to accomplish the goal. You can try to do what I did to see if you can replicate this glitch. Please let me know if you know how to really perform this glitch.
This is how I discovered this glitch: I once created a new save file, redeemed some Bozak Dockets before I can enter the Stadium. Then I entered the Bozak Horde as soon as I can and get the Bozak Bow as well as 3 Arrow blueprints. Somehow I deleted this save file later for some reason. Then something weird happened :
(1) At some point I noticed that I could loot the normal zombies in my main save file.
(2) I created a new save file once again and beat Bozak Horde, then a gun that I picked up after I killed the final demolisher and Bozak finished his final line somehow appeared in my stash. Then I finished the whole course on this save file again to get the 3 arrow blueprints. Now I can loot the normal zombies in the stadium on this save file as well.
The whole point of this part is to bring the Double Barrel Shotgun out of the stadium since there’s no other way you can get it this early if you are playing solo. Besides the shotgun you get for completing Trial 13, there’s yet another Double Barrel Shotgun in the supply crate outside the locked room that contains the bomb which you need to deactivate in Trial 15. Grab it after you finish the whole course. I think it’s more reasonable that you can’t bring it out of Bozak Horde unless you perform this glitch.
1. Kill the soldiers in the first section repetitively until you obtain 180 rile ammo.
2. Make sure you are playing in Normal mode on the first try. Because you won’t have flare or cloak potion if you are playing solo like me, you need to kill everything in your way. Korek Machete is not available in Nightmare difficulty, and that’s why you need to play on Normal mode. Remember to conserve ammo, because you should only have rifle ammo at this time and you need ammo to kill the 3 demolishers in the final section. Your goal of the first run is the ammo in the arsenal, not Guru reward.
3. After you fill your pocket with pistol, rifile and shotgun ammo, change the difficulty to Nightmare mode. Although the enemy would be tougher, but it will be definitely easier to achieve the Guru Reward since you will have a lot more time. Unload your bullet to the enemies and enjoy your Guru Reward!
That’s the point of achieving Harran Prison Guru Reward at Survivor Lvl 1. This will give you the rarest Gold Tier weapon in this game.
Gold Tier Barrier Stand is only achievable from Survivor Lvl1 Guru Reward. I don’t even know where to find this weapon of other tiers in this game 🙂
Thanks for reading this guide. Enjoy smacking enemies with this weird weapon LOL!