Thought it would be good to guide new players how to properly seek help with their game’s problems 🙂
Step by step when your game is crashing 🙂
1. Modders are normal working people, so if you are seeking help remember we aren’t at steam 24/h. We are making mods in our free time as non-profit hobby. We will try to reply and help you as soon as we can.
2. Please do not comment at mod site with plain “this mod isn’t working / this mod is making my game to crash” without giving more details and without reading fist MOD DESCRIPTION, REQUIRED ITEMS and LOAD ORDER. Most of your mod’s issues is due to not reading what each mod is doing, without making proper load order or without choosing the right options or using outdated unsupported mods…. I know it sounds complicated but those things are really important and commenting with plain “mod isn’t working” won’t solve your problem and won’t help modder either especially when most active and supporting modders prefer to test their mods very thoroughly before publishing.
3. While reporting an issue try to give us as more details as you can – what where you doing at game when it crashes, which map do you use (small, normal, large), what is your computer configuration, which mods are you using (all of your mods), how big is your village – the more details the better.
4. Accept the fact that sometimes game just randomly crashes not because of mods you are using but cause of its own optimization while having to many tasks at the same time. Our lovely game just does not like “big numbers”.
5. You can post your issue in a few places – directly at mod site, at our new supporting forum (https://steamcommunity.com/groups/forestvillagegameandmodssupport/discussions/3/) or using mail: email@example.com. It would be really great if you could send with your report also log.log file instruction how to send it is below