Octodad is a very lighthearted and has a good story behind it. The controls are very wacky and often at times can get you mad at it, but as soon as you complete the game, you feel accomplished. I really do recommend this game, if you are looking for a fun game with slightly challenging controls.
This guide will give you the easiest method for Number 1 & Number 100 Dad Achievements.
If you plan to get both achievements in your first playthrough, then you come to the right place.
There is an easy way to get both achievements in one playthrough.
You only need to know how to find the path to your saved game. Here it is:
1. Go to your PC local disk (default C:) >> then Users (your PC users name here)
2. Find “Saved Games” folder >> find Octodad Dadliest Catch folder
3. Open “save” and “savebackup” (.ODAD files) with Notepad/WordPad
4. Find these two lines:
<int name=”LossesThisPlaythrough” value=”0″ />
<int name=”Losses” value=”0″ />
5. Modify these value numbers as your wish.
6. If you go for the Number 1 Dad, you should put 0 before you finish the final chapter. This means you can die many times until you reach the last checkpoint in chapter 7. Then, simply change the value back to 0, save it, and finish the game.
7. If you go for the Number 100 Dad, you can simply put any values as you like. I recommend 99, then start the final chapter and let the chef kills you once more.
-You can always modify both files during your playing session for getting those achievements.
-The counter will reset when you change the values in your “save” and “savebackup” files.
-You can check your progress through Extra >> Stats >> Time caught.
This was written by tommyluu1412