You must have heard Hearth Stone， well this game is the same style. If you want to try something new, try this one .
This guide explains the various terms in the game, along with some of the mechanics between them.
=Feedback appreciated. Trying to keep the guide simple, as the game is in early access, and is subject to change.
The term “sphere” refers to the color of the border on the cards. The 3 Heros you pick for your decks when you create them determine what spheres you may add cards from.
When making the decks, if you pick multiple Heros from the same sphere, it will allow you access to more specialized cards within that sphere that you cannot get with one hero of that sphere only. It is signified by a 2 or 3 beside the sphere’s icon.
Sphere 1: Leadership (Pink/Purple)
Sphere 2: Lore (Green)
Sphere 3: Spirit (Blue)
Sphere 4: Tactics (Red)
NOTE: A couple of cards that belong to a Neutral (Grey/White) section and can be placed in any deck. (eg. Gandalf and Tom Bombadil)
- Istar (Plural- Istari)
– When this card first enters the battlefield, it will perform the effect listed on the card.
– A card that is equipped to an Ally or Hero that adds an additional modification to the card. There are 4 attachment types and only one of each of the 4 categories may be attached at a time.
– Cards with Block will take 1 less damage from attacks. This applies to damage taken from Guarding characters.
– When this character is attacked, it will deal 1 damage to the attackers. (Does stack with Guard)
– A card that has the exhuast option will render the target unable to take actions (With the exceptions of some powers) until the end of the round.
– This Card will leave the battlefield at the end of the Round.
– Allies and Heros with Guard must be targeted first in combat before any others, unless the Attacker has “Ranged”. When a “Guard” character is attacked, it will deal it’s attack power to the attacker.
– A card the causes an effect on the battlefield until it has been resolved. (Refer to Board Mechanics for how to resolve.)
– The card has an effect that can be activated by the player. Typically by clicking on the red icon when the card is highlighted.
– This card is played as an action, but its effect does not take place until a certain condition has been met. Until then, it will remain in play.
– When a card has ranged, it can bypass cards with Guard and instead target any card in play. If a card with ranged attacks a card with guard, the ranged card will not recieve damage in return, and the guard card will proceed to lose guard.
– Upon this card’s death, an effect is triggered.
– Cards with Stalwart may take two actions per round.
– Cards with stealth are untargetable by attackers unter they have been revealed.
– Upon playing this card or power, an additional action may be taken.
– This Card’s effect triggers upon the upkeep at the beginning of the new round.
– Cards with vanquish have an effect that takes place upon defeating another card.